Full-Time Child Care Teacher Assistant Wanted in Kitchener and Cambridge
Day-care centers and other child caregiver providers within the Kitchener/Cambridge region are looking full-time and part-time Child-care worker, Day-care Teacher, and Day-care Assistants.
Duties include: provide supervision and guidance of daily activities, field trips and special activities; provide opportunity for creative expression through the mediums of art, dramatic play and music.
In addition, conduct and monitor activity programs designed for young children; Prepare craft materials and assist children to use them; Observe children and report on observations to supervisor. The children’s ages ranges from 1 year old up to 5 years old.
Completion of high school
– To plan and provide a Child and Parent program that supports the development of adaptive problem solving and decision making skills, positive self-esteem, independence and trust.
– To ensure a safe environment for the children while in the care of the Creative Play Worker.
– To provide or arrange for first aid in case of emergency.
– To establish and maintain rapport with parents and respond to parent’s inquiries, suggestions and concerns regarding the Child and Parent program.
– To respect the confidentiality of children and their families.
– To maintain relevant records. Credentials
Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certificate; First Aid Certificate
Child care centre; Nursery school; Kindergarten; Before and after school programs; Day-care centre
Early Childhood Educator Assistant Skills
Knowledge of Day Nurseries Act. Bathe, diaper and feed infants and toddlers; Conduct and monitor activity programs designed for young children; Prepare craft materials and assist children to use them; Guide children in development of proper eating, dressing and toilet habits; Prepare and serve snacks; Arrange transition periods such as lunch and rest for children.
Assist in maintaining records of children; Maintain day care supplies and equipment; Assist in housekeeping duties; Interpersonal skills; Light cleaning duties. Reading text; Document use; Numeracy; Writing; Communication; Working with others; Problem solving; Decision making; Significant use of memory; Continuous learning
Benefits and Compensation
Flexible scheduling Competitive Salary & Benefits depending on experience
How to Apply
Please Create a profile and submit your Resume for Verified Employers to view it and contact you directly. Employers & Agencies are regularly searching candidates resumes for available applicants. Make sure your Profile is up-to-date and your contact information is current.
We encourage all candidates who have the right mix of skills, abilities and a passion for excellence to apply. We thank all those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.